The O2 Centre
We enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship with The O2 Centre.
How we support the O2 Centre to enhance their service for our families
- Advice on SEND
- Sending Harvest Festival donations to Streets Food Project (food bank) in the centre
The Head of School has delivered a workshop on Autism to centre staff, so that they understand what types of things can trigger a crisis in the centre and what they can do to help. The O2 Centre have since created a low-arousal room that autistic people can use if they need to.
Most of our local community shop at the centre, so it provides a unique opportunity to showcase what the school offers whilst bringing joy to others. We have used the space for:
- Exhibitions of pupils artwork
- Carol singing at Christmas
These opportunities help to build pupils’ confidence & self-esteem. They also develop a sense of their place in the local community.
How the O2 Centre helps us
- They provides the school with free space for PE lessons and performances
- They run World Environment Day workshop for pupils
- Give pupils opportunities to meet celebrities/sports people at store openings
- They put us in contact with other centre users e.g. Streets Food Project
- They offer volunteer contractors to help with school maintenance